- 6 Organic Carrots
- 4-5 Organic Apricots
- 1/2 Teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1 Cup Dried Quinoa
- Wash and peel carrots
- Cut apricots off their pits
- Toss both into a steam pot or basket and steam for 15-20 minutes
- Take 1 cup of dried quinoa and wash in a metal strainer
- Pick out any bad quinoa and shake to get the excess water out
- Put into small pot over medium-high heat and toast for 1-2 minutes
- Make sure to stir the quinoa during this point
- Pour in 2 cups of water and wait until it is really boiling and then turn down the heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes, take the pot off of the heat and move to another burner for 5 minutes while it cools. Fluff with fork
- Once steamed carrots and apricots are done, let cool for 5 minutes. Put them into food processor or blender and add curry. Blend until desired texture.
- Add to the top of quinoa and add a dash more of curry on top, just for fun.
We stumbled across this recipe from babyfoode.com and we have to say, it's a winner. Healthy, delicious and full of all the right things to keep your little one going